Browsing the collection & suggestions
Welcome to Ohio University Libraries Film and Video Collection
- Our videos are not browse-able, so you will need to do your own browsing on ALICE; see “How to Find DVD’s” video below. .
- Or link to one of our current ‘film lists’ of available titles (look on the left side).
- Films can be checked out for 1 week with one renewal.
- Faculty/Grads/HTC: 5 videos
- Undergraduates: 2 videos
- Films can be booked online for class use.
- Booking means the film will be placed ON HOLD for particular class times.
- You can put films on RESERVE for the entire semester.
Videos in PAL (not NTSC)
- NTSC is the standard used in North America and most of South America.
- PAL is the standard mostly used overseas.
- We do not purchase PAL if NTSC is available.
- Public computers in the library, including Mac’s do NOT play PAL dvd’s without administrative access to change to the Region code.
- DVD players on media carts that can play PAL movies can be checked out. We have one media cart on 2nd floor floor and 2 media cart setups up at Circulation Services.