There is a fax machine in the Learning Commons (2nd floor). It is located on the low counter at the service desk. It is for sending faxes only, not for receiving them.
To use the machine simply pick up the phone receiver on the machine and a recording will instruct you on what to do next.
The fax machine takes Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express as payment. The cost for domestic calls is $1.75 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page. The cost for international calls is $3.95 for the first page and $3.45 for each additional page.
An alternative to using this fax machine is to use the website faxzero.com. The use of this service is free, subject to the following stipulations:
- Files must be either .PDF, .DOC, or .DOCX
- One document; maximum 3 pages in length
- Maximum of 2 faxes per day
- For the USA and Canada only; this will not work for international faxes
- Faxzero will also send an advertisement along with your fax to the recipient
Unfortunately, the Alden fax machine is unable to receive a fax. However, the Athens Public Library also has a fax service for sending and receiving faxes. They are located on Home Street near Bob Evans.
Ohio University faculty and staff can also send and receive faxes via the web through services from OIT.