This video shows how to search TV and radio broadcasts in Lexis Nexis.
If you are unable to view this video, try accessing the video from YouTube.
Text directions for searching radio and television broadcasts in Lexis Nexis.
- To search radio and television broadcasts, use the Lexis Nexis Academic database.
- Begin on the Easy Search screen in the box that says Search the News
- Enter your search term into the first search box
- Choose Broadcast Transcripts from the source type field. Click the small “i” next to the source type to see the transcripts include. Or, enter a source name, such as “CNN” into the third search box to search a specific transcript.
- When your search is set up, click Go.
- The search results will include all available dates for that transcript source. If you would like to limit by date, click Edit Search to return to the Easy Search page. Click All News at the bottom of the Search the News box.
- On this screen, enter your search terms again into the first search box.
- Use the Specify Date drop down menu to choose the date range you would like to search.
- Choose Broadcast Transcripts as your source (or choose a specific source) and click the red Search button.
- If you chose to search all of the broadcast transcripts, you can use the Sources by Category > New Transcripts buttons on the left hand side of the page to choose a specific news source such as NPR. Click on a news source to see just stories from that source.
- Click on the title of the article to read the full article. Your search terms should be highlighted in red.
- If you have any questions, feel free to use the OU Libraries Ask a Librarian Service.