The Chubu University Commemorative Japanese Collection was a gift presented by Chubu University to Ohio University to honor the long-standing relationship between two institutions. The Chubu Collection is comprised of materials that support Japanese language education and the study of Japan-related topics for Ohio University students, as well as materials necessary for students from Japan, and materials that foster the understanding of and
friendly-relations with Chubu University, the city of Kasugai and Aichi Prefecture. For the development of the Collection, Chubu University makes an annual donation of library materials published in Japan, mainly books and journals.
The Chubu Reading Room was established to provide materials on Japan for the Ohio University community. In the Chubu Reading Room, readers can read major Japanese popular journals, use Japanese reference tools, and connect to Japanese Internet resources. The Chubu Reading Room is a popular place for Japanese students to come to read news from their hometown and a place for American students and others to have a taste of Japanese culture.
The Chubu Reading Room is located on the 1st floor of Alden Library in the Center for International Collections.
- Japanese Language Teaching Materials (including CDs)
- Japanese Literature
- Japanese popular culture
- Current issues on Japan
- Selected publications from Chubu University
- Japanese movies (DVDs)
* DVDs and CDs are located on the 4th floor of Alden Library. Please check out these materials from the circulation desk.
Using the collection
- To locate a specific monograph, journal, or CD/DVD title search the ALICE catalog.
- Or come to the Center for International Collections (CIC) on the first floor of Alden Library where the Chubu Collection is open to the public.
- If you would like to know the new acquisitions for the Chubu collection, please check the subject guide for East Asian Studies.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Phone: (740) 593-9957
120A, Alden Library
Athens, OH 45701