Series 5.3: Files of Mary Mertz (Criminal Justice & Environmental Cluster)
Mary Mertz served as an executive assistant to the governor from January 1991 through January 1999 having responsibility for the criminal justice and environment cluster. She concentrated on liaison with the following units: Adjutant General; Council of Great Lake Governors; Ohio Department of Liquor Control; Ohio Department of Natural Resources; Department of Public Safety; Department of Rehabilitation and Correction; Department of Youth Services; Environmental Protection Agency; Ohio Criminal Justice Service; and transition matters related to the preceding units.
The records are arranged in the order in which they arrived. They are mostly arranged by the unit but there are several special categories: events; gun task force; legislation; issues; performance evaluation; and, miscellaneous. The files contain correspondence, legislative summaries, reports, memos, press materials, budget information; and, manuals.
87 cu.ft. The records are in subject and chronological order.
This subseries is organized as follows:
- Adjutant General’s Department files
- Council of Great Lakes Governors files
- Correspondence files
- Ohio Department of Liquor Control files
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources files
- Ohio Department of Public Safety files
- Ohio Department of Rehabiliation and Correction files
- Department of Youth Services files
- Environmental Protection Agency Files
- Environmental Protection Agency Files (cont.)
- Event and Gun Task Force Files
- Office of Criminal Justice Services
- Ohio Department of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Services Files
- OIT/Misc. Budget and Juvenile Expansion Files
- Performance Evaluation Files