Research and Duplication Services
The Libraries occasionally receives requests to research and duplicate materials from our collections. Library staff do not conduct research or make duplicates for patrons.
The following options are available:
- Visit us. The Ohio University Libraries are open to the public, with the exception of overnight hours (midnight to 7:00 AM). Hours for all of our libraries and archives are on our web site. Staff on-site will provide directional and basic assistance in finding and using collections and equipment. Directions and parking information is available.
- Work with your local library to place an interlibrary loan request for a specific item.
- Consider hiring a local researcher to conduct the research on your behalf. If you do not have local contacts, you may wish to consider contacting Career Connections, an Athens, Ohio-based staffing agency, to inquire about researcher availability through their services. The Ohio University Libraries offers this possibility simply as a courtesy and do not endorse or recommend this specific staffing agency.
The following exceptions may apply:
- Please consult our Services for Persons with Disabilities page about accommodations and duplication of materials for affiliated faculty and students for the purposes of accessibility.
- Please consult our Mahn Center for Archives and Special Collections’ Policies and Procedures information about locating, using, and requesting the duplication of identified archival materials.