This neutral space on the 5th floor of Alden Library is open to all students, staff, faculty, and visitors of Ohio University whenever the floor is open. The room is a quiet place to meditate, pray, or just enjoy a few peaceful moments to melt away stress. We encourage visitors to refrain from extended stay, eating, drinking, talking, sleeping, or using electronics.
- Silence and mutual respect are expected at all times.
- Use of the space is on a first-come basis. Please be respectful of others desiring to use the space and refrain from extended stay.
- Use of the space is only for quiet meditation, prayer, or silent reflection. Please do not use this room as a lounge, study room, or meeting room.
- This is a quiet space. Cell phones should be on silent.
- With respect for all, we request that footwear be removed, if possible. A shoe rack is offered for your convenience.
- Food and beverages are discouraged.
- Signage and other advertising may only be posted on Alden Library’s 2nd and 4th floor bulletin boards.
- Candles, burning oils, incense or any other flammable items are not permitted.
- Please do not remove anything from this room.
- Please leave the room in the same condition as it was prior to use.
Failure to comply with the guidelines is a violation of the University Libraries’ Disruptive Behavior Policy and may result in loss of library privileges and/or disciplinary action.